Monday, June 18, 2012

6/18/12

Tonight during dinner we were talking about names. I was telling all the kids their full names. Then we got to Grandpa Nielsen's name (Christopher Wayne Nielsen). As soon as I was done Ella made an "Oooooo" and said, "Just like Winnie the Pooh's Christopher Robin"....then Eden quickly chimed in "I LOVE that name!".

We watched Stake conference last Sunday at our building on a screen being broadcasted from our Stake Center. Then this past Saturday we went to the Stake Center for a baptism. While we were sitting in the chapel waiting for it to start. Ella was looking around and then she looked at me and said, "This was the church we saw on the screen! Can we come here next time instead of watching it on the screen!" I was so impressed that she could pick out the variations between buildings and know that was where we were. Especially since when we were watching it most of it was zoomed in on the speaker. That girl really can see all the details :)  (our own little Sean Spencer--a reference to the show Psych)

I was throwing a baby shower for one my friends on Sat morning. I was running around trying to get that last min stuff done. I asked Gordon if he would go upstairs and get dressed. The next thing I new he was at my side and said, "I am ready for the party." I turned around to see that he had gotten on his red, white and blue plaid shorts on, with his hunter green and blue plaid shirt adorned with his brown and blue bow tie. They all had blue in them ;) I gave him a BIG hug and told him he looked so handsome...ready for a party!

For Father's Day Ella's class filled out an "All about Dad" page:
My Dad's Favorite thing to do is  ride his bike
The show my Dad likes best to watch on TV is    a bike movie
My Dad really likes to eat    celery with potatoes
The silliest thing my Dad does is    make faces
My Dad's favorite color is    every single one
When my Dad leave the house, he goes   to work where he does...I don't know
My Dad's best friend is named   'aunt' Jorgan
My Dad loves it when   I try to make him smile
The nicest thing my Dad does is    give me wrestle hugs and kisses
If My Dad could go anywhere, he would go   to work
If I could give me Dad anything it would be    my dolly

We love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment