Thursday, September 27, 2012

8/23/12

Did I ever send this one??If I did sorry for the repeat :)

I am still adjusting to the school schedule and from staying up late two weeks in a row watching the Olympics. Hopefully I get back on schedule. And sad to say that the grandparents journal has suffered because of it. And I am having a hard time remembering what I have written down and not already. So if there are doubles, sorry! :)

I gave Eden a lemon-head candy this morning and she said with a giant grin, "Mom, thanks for the potato-head!"

Russell rolled over the other day. I did not see it. I put him down on his back and I looked back a few moments later and he was on his belly. He did that twice and both times I missed it! Hopefully I will catch him while he is doing it soon. :) He is growing up so quickly. I did have a friend ask me just last night how it is with four and how can you divide your time. And it was good to reflect on. But I do really feel that I get that much needed time with each of my children. I have tried to be more aware of it lately and I have been loving my one on one time with each of them. (i do wish there were more moments in the day...but I feel like I am striving for that balance...and I love those precious moments!)

Gordon has started school again! The summer went way too quickly! He is loving his new school and I am loving that the drive has been reduced by more than half. I pick up a friends kids too and we have started a tradition to say what your 'favorite thing of the day' was. It is so fun to hear what they say and how it starts the conversation going. Gordon is really enjoying the extra classes right now (ie P.E. and Music).

Taylor again came up with a wonderful idea. Gordon is to be practicing 10 particular math problems this week. And since Gordon loves to do obstacle courses we put the problems on cards and taped them around the house. Then we yell out the different locations and he runs there says the math problem and then solves it (he can check the answer on the back). We have done that system for just one day so far and he has them down pat.

Ella stared ballet again, and she adores it. Yesterday was her first day back and all day today she was changing into all her different ballet outfits and prancing around the house. (And yes, Eden was following her every move) They are playing so well together lately it warms my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment