Thursday, September 27, 2012

9/14/12

I came downstairs to find Gordon starting on his homework at the front room table and taking a little break to use his pencil as his drum stick on the little glass pumpkins I have out on the table for fall decorations. Brought a smile to my face.

We were listening to a CD in the car today and a song about sisters came on. Ella asked to listen to it over and over again. I could see her in the back seat trying to memorize the words. All about playing with and loving your sister. They are great sisters and it is going to be hard for them next year when Ella goes to school. At least the first year is only a half day :)

Russell is working on getting is first tooth...it is taking awhile but he is a little trooper. And speaking of trooper Grandma Nielsen was a trooper taking care of Russell this past weekend while Taylor and I did our triathlon. Russell wouldn't take a bottle as we had planned. Thanks Mom for holding him and loving him all morning.

And a BIG shout out to all the Grandparents for coming and supporting us and helping out! We sure love you all!!!

Gordon was just recounting one of his dreams for me, he said:
"In my dream I was at Stephen's house and Dad was there and he said, 'Bud can you do me a huge favor and get me a glass of water?' So then I did...I went and got him water and came back to give it to him. And then in real life I stuck out my hands. And in my dream I was thinking why are you not taking this water that I am holding out for you? And then I realized...oh it is just a dream."
Then he and I were laughing. What a cute kid!

Taylor is so sweet! He has been working really hard lately and even in the middle of it all he sent an email to Gordon which read: Hey Gordon, thank you for the picture of us in the ocean. It's awesome. I have it next to my computer so I can see it all day at work. I am so glad that we're friends. I love you buddy. Dad.
Then Gordon wrote back: Thanks for writing that note. I will miss you while you are at work everyday. I hope you enjoy my picture.  Love Gordon  (I have attached the picture too)

We love you all!! Hope your week was as fabulous as ours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment