Monday, December 2, 2019

11/30/17

Just a few for now :) 

This is a copy of Eden's talk that Taylor texted the video of last week. The really cool thing is that she sat down at the computer and wrote this all by herself. Every now and then she would yell out, "Mom, how do you spell ____". She is such a cutie! 
Today I was asked to talk about teaching my friends about the gospel. One time at school my friend asked me who Jesus Christ was. I told him Jesus was our creator. He then wanted to know more.So that recess I spent time talking to my friend about Jesus. I wasn't mad that I didn't get to play and my friend wasn't either.He thanked me for talking to him.I was probably the person who mades him join the church.Even though your friends might not jojyjjyuigkku5iujin the church when you talk to them about the gospel doesn't mean your not doing what Jesus wants.All he wants is you to just tell them about it.You may not make someone join the church, but you can still do something.And by doing this we can prepare to be missionaries. I liked to leave this with my testimony that I know this church is true and that if we tell our friends about the gospel good things can happen. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ ,amen. 

I gave Henry some pieces of candy corn as soon as I handed them to him he ran was as fast as he could I think so I wouldn't change my mind and take them back...made me chuckle. 

The other morning Henry was eating cereal. I looked over and noticed he was throwing all the Cheerios outside of his bowl and he had made quite a mess. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped up all the Cheerios with one swipe. Henry looked at me with a big wide-open mouth and a gasp. He reacted like it was the best magic trick he had ever seen. :) 
Ella has been practicing the violin and will have her first concert in a couple weeks...she can play twinkle twinkle little star. So fun!! 
Henry usually says "No" to everything...but just this week he has started nodding his head for yes...well..for yes when it includes food :) Baby steps ;) 

Evalyn is so sweet with Henry. They play together really well. Just today they were playing together. Evalyn was pretending to paint Henry's face with a pretend face painting kit. Adorable! 

And it has cooled off finally and the kids are constantly outside on the trampoline. Some of their favorite games as 'the witch' (where one person is a witch and the other people are in the middle of the tramp and the witch picks a category and everyone things of an object in that category and if the witch guesses your item you have to run around the tramp 5 times then go back to the middle. BUT if the witch catches you then you become the witch). Another favorite is 'Earthquake' (they bounce each other). 'Zoo' (everyone is an animal and one is the zookeeper...they do things to earn snacks). They all have so much fun playing together. Many nights I have looked out the window at them on the trampoline while fixing dinner and grin ear to ear. It is one of the best feelings to see your children enjoying one another and building lasting relationships. 

December 1st is tomorrow and that means we will be starting our 12 Days of Christmas Service and the 25 days in 25 ways to Light the World. This is the best time of year! We will keep you posted on what our 12 service projects will be :) Merry Christmas!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment