Tuesday, February 5, 2013

10/19/12

We had Vince's Spaghetti while we were visiting my parents and Ella said in excitement... "Look I have little Neat-balls in my sauce!" I think they are pretty neat too :)

Gordon and Ella did a great job on the Primary program. They both were so reverent the whole time. It was a joy to see their beautiful little faces sing the Primary songs. Gordon's class sang one song up by the microphone. Gordon just happened to be front and center and he sang his little heart out at the top of his lungs, it was priceless! (the song was "I'm trying to be like Jesus.") Gordon also had his part memorized. He was looking quite handsome in his suit with his bow tie. And Ella choose her outfit and how she wanted me to do her hair, in a braid crown ;) And after church G & G Earl came to have dinner with us, a wonderful Sunday!

Today for lunch we were making grilled cheese sandwiches. I asked Eden if she would like a grilled cheese sandwich...she looked at me and said, "no, I want a boy one...not a girl cheese" :)

Eden goes around the house pretty much everyday in our dress-up wedding dress. She has worn it so much that the sleeves are no longer connected to the dress portion. And do worry, she always has a bouquet in her hand as well. :)

Russell had his 6 month check up. He is just barely under 18 pounds and 28 1/2 inches long. The Dr. said he is very tall and thin for his age. Not a shocker ;) She also said, "he really is such a perfect baby!" I agree.

Taylor came home a little early yesterday and was able to eat dinner with us. All of the kids were so excited to have him home! (me too!!) And then we went out to get the front lawn ready to re-seed. The kids all helped scoop all the old grass into bags, swept the walk, and road their bikes around too. Then Taylor, the amazing Dad he is, took the opportunity to talk to the kids about the parable of the seed. How we prepared the ground and how we need to be spiritually prepared. The kids were so attentive. I love you honey! Thanks for being so wonderful ;)

We love you all and hope that things are going well for each of you! I know awhile back I had asked for each of you to send me a story back every now and then, short or long, from your childhood (or anytime really) that we could tell the kids. I think they would love to hear stories about you when you were their age. I would love to hear them too....and then I can include them in the next book I make of the grandparents journals so we will have them always :)

Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment