Tuesday, February 5, 2013

9/28/12

Today we went to the Dollar Tree and on the big letter sign on the front of the building Ella noticed something in one of the letter. She said, "Mom look there is a Scorpion living in the 'E' on the sign." I said, "How do you know it is a scorpion?" She replied, "I can see it's tail hanging down." I tried to explain that it probably wasn't a scorpion because they would be too small to see from where we were out in the parking lot. She looked up at me and said, "Mom, I can see it because I eat my carrots!" (we tell our kids that eating carrots will help their eye site ;) ) made me giggle. And just so you don't think there is a giant scorpion living near our house...we got closer and she looked up and said, "oh it is a branch hanging down for a birds nest probably." :)

Russell's first tooth broke through today. Hurray! Hopefully the poor little guy will be able to get some good naps in now. When it comes in more we will take a picture of him with his pearly white and send it off ;)

Ella is taking ballet. And her teacher has told me before about her wonderful ability to point her toes. She told me that again today and went on to say that Ella is a wonderful dancer. She said she has a gift, a natural born talent. She was impressed with how aware she is of how her body moves. She thinks if she sticks with it she will be a wonderful dancer! Made her Mama proud! :)

Gordon got a book from the library yesterday, an early reader chapter book. He finished it before bed. Then tonight I let him read in bed before bed and he finished another early reader chapter book! Make me so happy that he is loving reading. He is growing up so fast!

Today at lunch Ella was telling me how she wants her next birthday party to be a 'wedding party'. And then Eden quickly said, "I want my next party to be a CHEEEEESSSE party". That girls would eat cheese all day long if I let her! And she asks to do so pretty much all day. She makes me laugh :)

Eden put on her footy pajamas on inside out tonight. I told her what she had done. (I was concerned that she would not be able to get them off quickly if she needed to go to the bathroom)...she said, "I know Mom...I did it like this on purpose. I can get out lickity split!"

Updated the blog again...if you need an invite let me know ;) www.earlfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment