Tuesday, February 5, 2013

12/17/12

Eden's new phrase is "What's a my heck is that?" Not one we will be keeping...but it is cute when she says it.

Ella today in the car asked, "Mom do I have 'the shock'?" I wasn't sure what she meant so I asked her. Her response was..."You know 'the shock'...look at me Mom, is my hair sticking up? If it is then I have 'the shock'!"

Gordon recited his poem today and did a wonderful job! I am so proud of him. This was the poem he recited (which he will be doing at the Earl Family Christmas Party as well):
"What I should like"
On Christmas Eve I like to lie,
Awake, when stars are in the sky.
And listen to the sound that swells,
From Santa Claus' jingle bells.

I'd like to hear upon the roof,
The patter of each tiny hoof.
Of Santa's reindeer overhead,
When I am sung and warm in bed.

But Mama says I must not lie,
Awake, or he will pass me by.
He does not like the girls or boys,
To watch him when he brings the toys.

I think I better go to sleep,
I guess the presents all will keep.
And in the morning I shall be,
Glad to think I did not see.

I overheard Gordon in the car the other day reluctantly sharing some of his candy and saying to Ella, "There Ella...I am sharing...see, I have the Christmas Spirit!"

Tonight over dinner Gordon was telling the girls about how they have hung up stockings in their classroom at school and then Santa came to their class today. Ella quickly said, "Well you know he is not real". Gordon replied, "I know he is not real Ella....but I am choosing to believe in Santa Clause".

No comments:

Post a Comment