Thursday, October 31, 2013

8/17/13

As a family we went to a baptism this past Sat for a little 9 year old girl that is in our ward. When we got there the sister missionaries asked if the kids would mind coming up to the front to sing a musical number. (I like to look for rainbows). There were a handful of Primary children that got up to sing. But my heart melted when our kids got up and they were standing in the front...and as the prelude was starting Ella reached over and grabbed Eden's hand and then she reached over and grabbed Gordon's. All three of them held hands the whole time while they sang the song. It brought happy Mom tears to my eyes :)

As we were walking into church Ella said, Mom tomorrow is th first day o school. I looked at her slightly puzzled since she started school on the previous Thursday. She quickly clarified....what I meant was tomorrow I my first day of school.....with homework! (With a big grin on her face) I hope she will always love homework this much....a mother can wish right!?! ;) 

When we say night time prayers as a family we all get on our knees and now Russell has caught on o the tradition...except he doesn't actually kneel. He will stop whatever he is oing an then crawl over to b by us and then lay face down on the ground and not move until we are done with the prayer. It is so adorable! 

Little things Russell is doing lately I really just find so stinkin' cute! Like when he tries to cool down his food by "blowing" on it (basically making a loud noise and spitting). Or when he blows his nose ( which looks like what is should when he is cooling off his food.) And he is picking up humor very quickly. He gets little jokes and will laugh very dramatically. He is growing up way too fast! 

The other day it was just Ella and me in the car and she said, "good thing you are my mom...so I can watch you....so I can learn to be a mom." Totally out if the blue and made me feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment