Wednesday, May 23, 2012

11/25/11


We had some coupons and thought we would use them to get the kids some dinner. And Gordon a bit grumpy over not liking us buying tacos at Jack in the Box. Eden and Ella singing "Follow the prophet!" and she turns to Gordon and says, "Gordon, be happy. Sing! Follow the prophet!"---Then Sunday during the Primary Program Gordon was up singing and Eden was down in the row with me being a little sad and fussy. Gordon was motioning to get Eden and my attention. We look up at him and I noticed that the song they were singing was "Choose the Right Way...and be happy". So it was Gordon's turn to sing and cheer up Eden.

I went to the Dr. on Tuesday morning to find out what we are having. Taylor could not make it to the appointment and we thought it would be fun to be all together when we found out. So I had them put it in an evelope that we opened together as a family that night. The kids were so excited! Then when Taylor said, it is a BOY...Gordon was jumping up and down and running around the room saying YES, YES, YES! Ella was sitting in my lap and instantly started to cry...well more like bawl! She finally was about to say, "But I wanted to call her Rosa Lee". I was trying to console her while Gordon as having a little party to himself in the background. The way I got her to calm down was to tell her that maybe the baby would bring her something that she could call Rosa Lee. Instantly she stopped and got a big smile on her face and said, "Yes!". Then Gordon ran over to me and said, "Mom, the boys WIN!" I replied, "No, it is three to three we are tied." He quickly responded, "No, Riley is a boy so we WIN!!!" Smart cookie, does look like the girls are now out numbered :)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week. Seeing Eric and Anna-Lena's family was such a treat! All of those kids are little peas in a pod. They all stayed up till about midnight. So many fun memories made! And yesterday we were able to have a family over from our ward that had no place to go for Thanksgiving. They were more than grateful to have somewhere to spend the day. It was lovely.

Life has been packed and I glanced at the calendar and looks like it will be getting even busier. I love this time of year, packed with lots of fun things and service opportunities. I hope to be better at remembering/writing down each of these memories. We love you all and are so THANKFUL to be a part of your eternal family! So grateful for the gospel in our lives, the testimonies we have and are able to share with others and especially our children. We are blessed in so many ways and are glad for this time of year that we have to remember and reflect on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment