Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3/9/12

Gordon had an activity day at school called "field day" where all the classes are outside for two hours and play lots of team games. The night before I was prep-ing him about not getting disappointed if he didn't get first place. I said, "So if you don't get first place it is okay, right?" He said, "I know Mom, I am not the fastest. Kyler is the fastest I will be second fastest." I then said, "Well still don't be sad if you aren't second either". He said, "It's okay Mom, even if you get third you still get a prize!" Such a positive kid! I love it.

That positive attitude carried over to tonight. Gordon and Ella were playing 'Go Fish'. And Ella was doing very well. She kept getting match after match and every time he would say, "Oh Ella...I think you got another match you are doing very well!" At the end the final score was Ella 7 Gordon 1 and he could not have been more happy for her. Made me smile!

The girls and I were in the car on our way to pick up the kids from school. We were at a stop light and Ella asked, "Mom, does that sign say 'licorice'? I looked over and said, "No, it actually says 'liqueur' " so I went on to explain what that liqueur is alcohol and how the prophets and Heavenly Father have asked us not to drink it because it is bad for our bodies.....and then it hit me that she was trying to READ the sign....

Ella has been reading the level one reader books we have and doing a great job! She is always asking to do 'school stuff'. Wow would she be so ready to start school next year....we have to wait a whole year, but I am glad...I will be sad to have to send another one off to school, I love having them home!

Eden rolled her ankle this week. She is a tough cookie. She got a little nudge off of the couch and just landed wrong. So for the past few days I have been her crutch. She just asks to go somewhere and waits for me to carry her to her destination. Today I have been doing lots of Gordon's birthday party preparation so I was not getting to her as quickly as she would have liked....so she started crawling to where she wanted to go. Hopefully it heals quickly!!

We have 4 weeks to go until our little Russell makes his debut into this world. I can't believe it...it has come so quickly. I am so excited to meet him! And the girls will ask just about everyday, "Is today the day that Russell gets to come out and play?". :)

We sure love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment