Monday, November 28, 2016

2/19/16

We went to a gymnastics meet and while we were watching the girls at the uneven bars Russell looked over at me and said, "Mom, when they are done I will take off my shoes and go put my hands in the sugar and take my turn". 

Every night before the kids go to bed everyone gives each other a hug. And all the kids have started to include giving a hug to Henry (my belly) too. He is so loved already ;) 

This morning I was bathing a Evalyn and Russell. I looked over at them and Russell was singing a song and was pouring water on Evalyn's head. As you can imagine Evslyn was not a huge fan... I asked Russell not to do it because Evalyn did not like it. His response was, "Mom I am just helping her grow". I then realized he was singing a song about watering his flowers to help them grow. ;) 

The other night at dinner the kids were talking about how full they were getting and how big their bellies were. They were comparing belly sizes. Then Russell said, "Look at my belly!! I am growing a Henry inside!". 

We were doing scriptures last night and Taylor was talking to the kids about who helps us when we try our best but fall short. Then Eden said, "But there is do or do not, there is no try." Taylor then explained that is Yoda :) 

We were at the church and there is a tree out front that is raised up in a little half wall bed. Russell jumped up onto it and started spinning around the tree. I reminded him that we were trying to leave and he needed to get down. His response was, "I know mom, I am just loading." I don't think concept as a kid would have even entered my mind.... This screen time generation sees the world differently at times ;) 

Gordon is such a helper and my little pal. With the car being full he gets to ride shotgun on the way home from school. I love our daily chats in the front of the car! 

Eden had a field trip today to the zoo. Her group is the black bears. She wanted to wear a hat there to keep the sun off her face and wanted to have a bear hat.... And wouldn't you know I had one.... It was a black "Behr" hat ;) but it also had a picture of a bear on it so we were in business! ;) I love Behr paint, and even more now that is bailed me out this time :) 

We took Ella's baptism pictures and got so many good ones. Stay tuned for an invitation soon ;) can't believe she is eight already!

No comments:

Post a Comment