Monday, November 28, 2016

7/30/14

Whenever it is time to sleep or take a nap and Russell doesn't really want to he will lay down and fake snore....it is kinda adorable! 

We were swimming at my parents house and Russell got in the pool and saw a big leaf. He grabbed it and was making his way out of the pool. I thought he was going to put it on the ground just out of the pool, but then he went to the deep end and hoped in. He then took the leaf and put it into the little sweep catcher. He viewed it as the pools garbage can I guess. Always a little helper.
Well it is official...THE GIRLS CAN SWIM!! They were really close and spending a whole week in the pool for about 4 hours everyday did just the trick. And I think getting all their hair back in swim caps also helped. They were always using their arms to get their hair out of their faces. Once that was no longer a problem they could use those arms to swim :) They are in heaven....and so am I! :) Two more down....two+ more to go ;)
Gordon is such a gamer. All week long while we were at Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen's house he was trying to get us to play a new board game called Pandemic. We all were a little reluctant to comply because it seemed very complicated and requiring a lot of effort. So finally on Sunday before we were planning on leaving we got the game out. Turns out we all really liked the game. We wanted to play it again, but were out of time. Gordon now has another game on the list of ones he wants to own ;)
I was helping Russell say the dinner prayer last night. Usually when I do he will repete what I say. Last night however after every phrase he just said, yyyeesssss. Everyone was giggling by the end.
A friend was holding Evalyn at church while we were chatting and then Evalyn looked over at me and then put her arms out and leaned for me. She has never done that before. It was so cute! I hope she doesn't become too much of a mama's girl, but a little part of me loves it ;)
We did back to school shopping this week and everyone is so excited for school to start. Eden is a little nervous, but very excited too. Mixed emotions for me. I have loved having them home, but also excited for them to have fun at school and for me to have some good time with Russell and Evalyn at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment