Monday, November 28, 2016

8/2/15

I found this "grandparents Journal" in my grafts folder so I must have never sent it. So here I am sending it. :) Most of these happened long ago but I added a couple to the end. Hope to get back on track again!! :)
Love you all!!!

Russell- "Don't worry my friends are coming to-mario (tomorrow)"  ;)
Russell is going to begin the trek of potty training. We chose his unders today and he went with Paw Patrol. He is very excited!!--and so I am., well for the outcome ;)
Evalyn is just like Ella was such a social butterfly. She waves at everyone she sees when we are out and about. She loves to ham it up too. Love that girl so much!!
We have started a new routine for the summer. The kids do not get screen time until after lunch and even then they still need to "earn" it by doing chores around the house or read. This morning was the first morning of this new plan and at around 9 Gordon was helping me outside with some yard work and said, "Man mom, this no screen time is great, look at the day...it has just begun and we have already done so much!" So glad that he is enjoying the joy of summer!! :) Lets hope all the days to follow are just a happy.
Eden was chosen to give a speech at her Kindergarten Graduation. She surprised me and was not shy one bit. She did wonderful and in front of a gym full of adults. This is what she read..

Throughout the year we have talked and read about Dr. Seuss so I thought it would be fun to do this speech Dr. Seuss style. 

When we began this year not knowing what would be in store,
some were excited, some a little nervous as we entered through our classroom door.

We quickly found our place,
with a big smile on our face,
this was now our home base.

The months were packed with such wonderful things,
and we fit them all in before the bell rings.

Phonograms were new for most of us,
but now we know 55 and we don't even fuss.

A highlight for me was our trip to the farm,
All the animals had a lot of charm.

We learned not just book smarts to help us succeed,
but how to be nice and do a good deed.

Learning and growing was tons of fun,
I can't believe Kindergarten is done.

One of my most favorite things about this year,
has to be my teacher and my friends I hold dear.

This year has flown by, it has come to an end,
well...until fall, then off to 1st grade they'll send. 

All of the kids all year have had amazing grades. All A's and all A's and B's: Making Principles Pride and Honor Roll.
Russell and I were in the kitchen and one of Gordon's Lego planes was on the counter. Russell looked at me and asked, "Is this Gordon's Legos?" I replied, "Yes, I think so". Then Russell got his face really close to it and took a big sniff...., "Yes, it smells like Gordon's Legos".
I woke up today (Sunday) and I could smell something cooking....I came down stairs to find Gordon making everyone waffles. He said he thought we had ran out of milk so he was going to make a yummy breakfast for everyone. :) What a thoughtful boy!!! Love that kid so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment