Friday, October 21, 2011

10/2/09

We are starting a new tradition that every other Friday we pick Taylor up from work and go to Disneyland for the evening. The last time we went we were waiting for the firework show and the dad of the family sitting next to us was bald. Gordon was entertaining himself by dancing around and singing. In his dance he went over to the dad of this family and wiggled his fingers around on his head. Luckily this dad was a good sport and laughed.

One morning while I was changing Ella's diaper Eden started to cry. I asked Gordon if he would go over to Eden and try to make her happy. He went right over and started to sing her "Ella's song" (Ella come out and play with me....) He sang it over and over to Eden while she continued to cry loudly. It was precious!

Gordon still has accidents every now and then. The other day I went back to his room to talk to him after a long, hard morning. I saw a wet spot on the floor. I asked him if he wet his pants. He looked down and said, "No mom, it is not. They are tears!"

This past Sunday was a mile stone for Eden. I was sitting with her in Relief Society and just staring at her. Then to my surprise she smiled at me. Of course I smiled back then she smiled at me even bigger. All the while making total eye contact. I thought to myself Taylor will never believe me. (it seemed early for her to really smile). I told Taylor when we got home and then that night after we at dinner Taylor was holding her and did the same thing! It makes those late nights as parents totally worth it. I was so glad that Taylor got a smile just like I did! :)

My good friend Lori was coming by to pick up Gordon to take him swimming. While Ella wasn't looking I whispered to Gordon "Grant is coming to take you swimming. Go get your suit, but do it quietly so Ella doesn't notice". Then from across the room Ella turns around and runs down the hall and comes back holding Gordon swimsuit says "Gordon's, Gordon's". You really can't pull anything past that little girl :) Since she was sad when she realized she was not also going swimming I thought I would get her a bowl of ice cream to make it a special afternoon for her too. I pointed to it and asked if she wanted some. She said "no". Then I thought another treat. Some cinnamon chips. Again she said "no, apple sauce". So we had apple sauce instead of ice cream and she was as happy as could be.

We love you all and are excited to see you in a week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment