Friday, October 21, 2011

10/8/10

The dollar store has little Disney Princess figurines and I have slowly collected them all. Then this morning Ella said, "Snow White is mean". (accompanied with an angry face). I then explained that she is nice. "She cleaned the dwarfs house and made them dinner" I explained. (I took quite some time to tell the story) and then when I was all done...she paused and looked at me and said, "NO MOM, Snow White is mean....look at her face" She handed me the little dollar store doll and sure enough she has a mean looking face :) The painters didn't do that one with much care I guess.

We went on a little nature walk this morning on a hunt for insects. And we found quite a bit. We have learning cards with fun facts about bugs so we would pull them out and read about the insects we found. One of them said they liked to live in warm climates. So I asked, "They like to live in warm places, it is warm here huh?" Gordon's response was, "Mom it isn't warm" I surprisingly said, "It's not?" "NO MOM...it isn't warm...it is HOT!"

Gordon was climbing into the car and Ella was already in her seat so he had to squeeze by her....Ella said, "Gordon be careful you are going to break my knees"

The kids really like to play Mother May I. I will have different commands like jumping, running, hoping. But for Ella every time it is her turn I must ask her to twirl. She will twirl forever.

Last night I was trying to think of something that would be fun and entertaining for the kids so we got out a sheet and folding it up to make a long and skinny 'balance beam'. We watched a few routines on youtube and then the kids were off. They did different routines with dismounts...it was adorable :) I can't wait until the summer Olympics again, too far away!

We are dog sitting for the weekend and the kids are LOVING it :) Ella was so sweet. I found her reading a book to the dog this morning. I am glad she has warmed up to them. A year ago she would not get near a dog.

Eden is a walker! She now prefers walking to crawling. She still crawls a good amount but walking like a champ.

Love you all!!
p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDPA EARL! We have a little birthday surprise from the kids coming your way soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment