Friday, October 21, 2011

12/11/09

Well today is Taylor's last day of work for his externship. It has been a great experience. I am so proud of him and all of his hard work. I love that he works so hard and that when he comes home he plays hard. Life is so wonderful!

This week Ella hit a milestone. She pooped in the toilet for the first time! Hurray! Hopefully the potty training process with her will go much faster and SOON :) We will keep you posted.

Gordon was watching 'Word World' (a tv program) the other day. It was a Christmas episode and there was snow. One of the characters was wearing a scarf. A few moments later I saw Gordon run back to his room and come back with his blanket which he had wrapped around his neck. That is as close has he will get to wearing a scarf in LA :)

At the beginning of the week Gordon had hit Ella a few times and we were trying to work through it and teach him that is not ok. Then Taylor asked Gordon one night "Gordon who taught you how to hit?" Gordon stopped and was really thinking hard. And then he looked up at Taylor and said "Jesus". We explained that it doesn't make Jesus happy when we hit....but at least he understands that he can learn things from Him...

Ella is very into the Disney Princesses. Everything is "I am a Princess". The other night when we were at Disneyland we were trying to make out way through the very jammed parade watching crowd. We got stuck at the front of the crossing area and had to wait for part of the parade to go by and so I stuck Ella up on my shoulders and the best part of the parade came out. All of the Disney Princesses with big beautiful Christmas dresses on. They were all dancing with their prince. Ella was in heaven. She kept patting my head. 'Mommy Princess, Princess!' It made being stuck in the crowd all worth it :)

Eden had her first playdate this week. Our friends the Hall's just adopted two babies 6 weeks apart. So they came over the other day. It was fun to lay all the new babies out together and hold newborns again. Wow did Eden look huge!

We had planned to go to a friend house to drop off dinner (another friend in the ward with a new baby--there are a TON lately) The kids were very excited to go and play for a bit. We were getting ready to go and Ella ran over to Taylor who was sitting on the ground. She grabbed Taylor's face with her little hands and got her face right up to his and said 'listen for a sec....I go to Ethan's house" and then ran off to get her shoes. She really gets cuter and cuter by the day!

Eden has been a super sleeper lately. The other night she went down at 7:30 and did not get up until 6:30. And last night she went down around 8:30 and not up until 5:30. Hopefully this is the new trend....I could handle that for sure :)

I was holding Ella and she looked at me and said "I am a Princess" I responded, "You are a Princess" she said back "NO mommy I am a Princess" And I said, "Yes you are a Princess". Again she got frustrated and said "I am a Princess" the I said "Oh I am a Princess" then she got a big smile on her face "Yeah mommy, I am a Princess"

We love you all so very much! This time of year is so special and we are so blessed to have each of you in our lives. Hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment