Friday, October 21, 2011

10/17/11

I have been sick the last few days and have been pretty much out for the count...but I do have one fabulous story for the grandparents journal this week : )

Yesterday Taylor was also not feeling well so he was resting and I was following the kids around and laying on the floor so I could be with them, feeling rather rotten. It came time for bed and Gordon being the awesome little man that he is took it upon himself to help me out with the bedtime routine. He gathered all the kids together for scriptures and said, "Okay what do you want to talk about tonight?" Ella responded...MORMON" Gordon said, "That is a great one...Mormon was 10 years old and then he grew up to be 15 and he was a great leader"...."Then later something was buried in the ground...Ella do you know what that is?" Her reponse was, "The brass plates". Gordon quickly said, "Good Ella that is really close, it was actually the Gold plates". He asked another question... "then later and angel came to someone about the plates, who is it?....starts with a 'J'" Gordon paused a min and then answered for them, "It was Joseph Smith and he told him where the golden plates were buried....Good job everyone!" Then he continued to tell a really detailed story (that I must admit I was a little in and out of so I don't remember all the details). Then Gordon announced it is time to go upstairs, "don't let me beat you upstairs" he said. They all raced up the stairs and Gordon let the girls win. Once they were upstairs he asked the girls to get in their beds and he went and filled up their sippy cups and said good night and shut their door. Then he climbed into his bed and I went in to say good night. He gave me this look of, "Don't worry Mom, I took care of it for you". And that was it. I gave him a high five, told him I loved him, and turned off his light. All the kids were in bed at 8 on the nose. The best thing a little boy could have done for him Mom last night! It just about brought me to tears. I love that little man and so glad that he is mine! :)

Hope you all are having a great Monday~ Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment