Friday, October 21, 2011

1/30/10

Such a fun week, that really flew by.

We finally talked Gordon into watching Sleeping Beauty. We didn't need to talk him into it because he thought it was a "girly" movie, but because he was convinced there were scary parts and he would not like it. Granted there are a few parts that are more scary then not...but that little boy was glued to the screen the whole time. And at the end he looked over at me with his fist raised in the air said "Mom, I liked it!" --We are trying to make his new motto...'I like to try new things' :) Ella has been asking to watch Sleeping Beauty for awhile now and was so excited that it happened. All last night and today I have caught her singing "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream" while looking like she is conducting a choir. Between this and Cinderella we are really enjoying the Disney Princesses over here :)

This week in Gordon's preschool they learned about the letter 'Q' and the teacher had them go on a Quest for Q's. They each had super hero masks on and a cape with the letter Q on it and searched around the playground for paper letter Q's. Gordon wore his cape most of the day. He LOVED it! What little boy doesn't like to feel like a super hero :)

I pulled out the 12 month sleepers for Eden just to see...and they fit perfectly. Crazy! And she went to the doctor last week. Her stats were 26.5 inches and 16 lbs 10 oz. Which they said puts her in the 95%. Not a big surprise...but she is going to be a tall one :)

Gordon was playing with some friends in the dirt with some gardening tools and some dirt got flung into Gordon's eye. I took him to go wash it out. And he was so great, he wasn't even crying. He was holding his eye saying, "Mom there is dirt in my eye it hurts". I told him it was ok and some other things to comfort him. Then he said, still holding his eye, "It's okay Mom, I still have my shovel (holding it up in the air for me to see)".

With these long runs my knees have been hurting a bit. So when I get home I limp around for awhile. It seems like the kids have caught on. Ella keeps telling me random times throughout the day, "My knee hurts". The ironic thing is she really did fall down the other day on it and scrapped it pretty good. She now feels as if she has a bond with me because her knee really does hurt now.

LOVE you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment