Friday, October 21, 2011

5/24/11

A few for this past week. Wow I am having a hard time getting back on track after my couple week slip.

At church on Sunday Eden did something to Ella that she apparently did not like because as we began to sing our rest hymn "Let us all speak kind words to each other" Ella went over to Taylor and said, "Are you singing that because of what Eden said to me?" --I have been singing that around the house lately when they need a gentle reminder to use kind words...at least I know they are listening :)

Also during church Eden had figured out that if you place a piece of paper on the fabric bench and stab a pencil through the paper it will make a little hole. She was having a good time doing it over and over again. After a few min she wanted to come sit by me. She still wanted to make holes in her paper so she began to do the same thing, but this time the paper was on her lap. After each thrust of the pencil she would let out a loud "OUCH". You would think she would learn from this and stop. Oh no, she was determined to keep making holes in her paper. Letting out an "OUCH" after each one. After what seemed like too many she lifted her paper and looked at her little legs with at least 20 little red/gray marks on them (from the lead). She still had a smile on her face..although after seeing her "hole" marks she did not do it again.

Today I was playing UNO with Gordon and I actually was beating him (which is very rare). There happened to be one number 9 card from another deck in with the deck we were playing with. It was only slightly different. Gordon noticed this and that he was behind played that "different" 9 card and said, "Mom, see how it is different...that means YOU have to draw 5 cards!" Smart cookie!! But you know me and how competitive I am, I didn't let him get away with it although he got a good laugh out of me.

Love you all!!
I hope to get back on track here soon

No comments:

Post a Comment