Friday, October 21, 2011

2/5/10

We hope the this week has treated everyone well. We sure love you all!

I asked the kids the other day "What show do you want to watch?" Ella quickly responded, "Sleeping Beauty, it is my favorite color!" Then she ran off and came back with her Sleeping Beauty doll and began to sing "I know you I walked with you once upon a dream" as if she was trying to convince me that it should be my 'favorite color' too :).

I was sitting down with the kids for dinner the other night and I asked who would like to pray. Ella said she wanted to. Gordon jumped right in and said he would help her. What a wonderful thing to watch as a parent! One of your children teaching another child how to do one of the most important things. Gordon began to help her by prompting her on what to say.
Gordon: Ella, say Dear Heavenly Father
Ella: Dear Father
Gordon: Say Thank you for the food....go on Ella say it.
Ella: Yeah
Gordon: Thank you for the food
Ella: Yeah
Gordon: Thank you for our friends
Ella: Yeah
Gordon: Ella you need to say it
Ella: Okay
Then Ella said whatever Gordon prompted her to say. It only lasted maybe a min, but I wish I could have it on a tape to watch over and over again.

Gordon has been our early riser for awhile and it is still that way. We wake up every morning to Gordon saying, "It is time to wake up. It is morning day." And while pulling back the blinds saying, "See look outside, there is light!"

We printed out some fun pictures of Gordon and Ella and hung them on the fridge. Every time I am in the kitchen and holding Eden and she looks over at the pictures she starts to wiggle her toes and giggle with the biggest smile on her face. She loves her older siblings so much and it shows :)

Ella is already phasing out the nap. So sad but true. I put her back there everyday with the hopes that she will nap. Most days after about an hour I will hear "Mommy" just once. I go back to check on her and as soon as I open the door she has a big smile on her face and she will whisper 'out please' then shake her head yes. I can't help but laugh every time. :) She can be a handful but she is a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment