Friday, October 21, 2011

2/17/10

When we are out of town life gets a little crazy and I do not remember to jot things down....which is such a bummer because there were a lot of really cute things the kids did this past week and I do not remember half of them. If I told any of them to you and you remember or a ones you would like to add from our stays in Fremont (G&G Nielsen or GG Thompson) that would be great :)

And thanks to all for making our beautiful Ellanor's second birthday a wonderful one. She knows she is loved and is, of course, a princess :)

I was trying to fix a necklace that had broken. I said, "I can't do it" Gordon looked over at me and said back, "Mom, it is okay just keep trying".

We went to play at the mall this past week on a rainy day. After we were done playing I needed to help Ella get her shoes back on. While I was helping her her little pinky toe got stuck in her shoe. I said, "It is okay we can fix it". Then she looked over at me with a big smile and said "Can we fix it?---YES WE CAN." Then she started to sing, "Bob the builder...can we fix it, yes we can". It caught be a little off guard. We have not talked about Bob the builder for month now.

We met Tinkerbell for the first time this last trip to Disneyland. Ella could not have been more excited she was so excited that she was speechless. (yes, our Ellanor) She was not talking and acting a little shocked as we walked through Pixie Hallow. Then after the experience I asked her "was that so great to see Tinkerbell?" And her response was...and Tarrance too. (he is the boy friend of Tinkerbell)

We went to church in Fremont and Ella was in Primary with Grandma Nielsen for the closing song. In the song the words 'Holy Ghost' we sung so those are the two words that Ella sang over and over again...even after the song was over :)

Eden still will smile at you every time you look at her. It never gets old, I love it!

Again sorry not that many this week.
We love you all so very much!!!

Thanks again for coming!!! Like you said, there were so many cute moments, but the only one I remember specifically is how Gordon helped Grandpa. The cousins were playing out in the court on scooters, bikes, wiggle cars, and GG Thompson's wheel chair. I noticed that Gordon was over by himself moving the "prickly balls" around in the gutter. I thought he might be feeling a little left out, so I went over to see if he would like a ride in the wheelchair. He said, "No thanks Grandma, I'm helping Papa". Grandpa was busy sweeping all the "prickly balls" in the court so the grandkids would stumble over them as they rode their bikes. Gordon saw what he was doing and wanted to help put them in the trash can. He has been taught the value of service. It wasn't long before the cousins were beside him helping Grandpa too. The irony is that once all the balls were picked up, no one rode their bikes in the court anymore. Oh well, the court looked nice and clean.
Grandma Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment