Friday, October 21, 2011

1/24/10

I couple days late...sorry. :) Sounds like everyone had a rainy week just like us. I am glad the sun is back!

Gordon was playing and stepped on my leg. I let out an "Ouch" because it really hurt. Gordon ran out the other room and came back with the tube of Neosporin and said, "Here you go Mom, for your owie."

One of Gordon's new favorite phrases is "Let's do this thing" --in the same tone as it is said in Ratatouille.

Eden likes to eat her feet and it is common if she is not wearing socks to find her sucking on her big toe.

Eden rolled over for the first time last Sunday (Jan 17th) she was very frustrated because she had not figure out how to get her arm out of the way. Well it only took her a day to figure that out. Now she loves to roll. Every time I put her on her back within a few min she is on her belly.

Gordon was doing his United States puzzle the other night and we were putting the states in and as we put in Organ Gordon stopped looked up at me and said, "That is my cousin! Organ." It took me a second, but then I figured out he meant 'Jorgan', I said "no...it is your Uncle and it is J-organ" :)

Ella ALWAYS calls Gordon 'Gordon-boy'. She will say "that is Gordon-boy's chair", " Bless Gordon-boy (in her prayers)", "let's go Gordon-boy" (etc)

Gordon has always loved to help me cook....and the other day he was helping me and said "Wait Mom I need my chef hat!" Now whenever he helps me cook he has his hat on so he is official :)

Since it has been raining everyday this week the kids have watch Cinderella once a day. It is a VHS, so we watch the previews and there is one for Pocahontas along with others which I thought the kids didn't pay much attention to. Later on Gordon had pulled out all the pillows and put them on the ground and was jumping from one to another. He explained to me that the ground was water and the pillows were rocks. A normal idea for kids to have....but then he said to me "I am playing Pocahontas"....and sure enough the next day when we watched Cinderella (and the previews again) I saw that there is a part in the pre-view for Pocahontas that she is jumping across a river on rocks. The clip is maybe 3 seconds long. A very observant little boy.

I really do love this stage the kids are in. I find myself saying all the time how adorable they are. Even after a week of rain I still love being home with they everyday and seeing all the fun things that they come up with. I just love them to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment