Friday, October 21, 2011

9/14/10

I can't remember if I wrote down that we got the kids some fish on Labor Day. We got Gordon and Ella each a betta fish. Gordon chose a beautiful green and blue one with long flowing fins and tail. He quickly named it Pluto. (Which has now changed to Prince Pluto...due to Ella's fish, which is no surprise, named Princess. Ella chose one that was light pink and purple in color with long flowing fins and tail as well. Her top fin even had a curl in it. VERY girly looking. And then I started to read on-line about Betta fish and...and that is when I began to notice that Princess was not doing very well. She only lasted two days...I had to make a switcher-roo so Ella would not freak out. I ran to the pet store and got the one that looked as close to the old one as I could. It was pink but the fins were much smaller. Ella did not notice she was different at all. Gordon saw her and said,"Mom her fins are shorter" I replied with, "maybe she got a haircut?". He said, "oh". It worked....until Princess number two died on Saturday....this time we are going to tell the kids that she got sick and we are taking her back to the Pet store and getting a new, healthy fish. And we are wiser now. Apparently pale color fish are not healthy. Sorry no more pick fish Ella :)

Our whole family is using the master bathroom right now so we have two big towel hangers for our towels. I went to grab Gordon's for him after his bath was done the other night and he looked up at me and said, "Hey Mom, Dad and I are on the same team...see" pointing up to the towel hook. Then he followed up with, "And Ella is on your team Mom."(he and Taylor share a hook and Ella and I share a hook).

Eden took a few steps on her own this past week. I keep thinking she is so close. One of these days she is really going to surprise us...but for now she still gets everywhere on her hands and knees :)

The kids love to color. They probably color for about an hour a day. Gordon is getting quite good. He will use a marker to outline the lines then color it in with a matching color pencil. Ella will always pull every color even remotely close to pink or purple out of the box right from the beginning and have them ALL right next to her at all times.

Grandma Nielsen is here and the kids are loving every min of it! We are excited to see Grandpa Nielsen this week!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment