Friday, October 21, 2011

3/14/10

We went to run the marathon last weekend and while we were there Ella was running down the hall yelling, "Where is the alligator....there is it!!! I found the ALLIGATOR!" (No need to be alarmed, their was not an alligator in the hotel, just an elevator :)

On our car ride back from Vegas we were all munching on some Chex mix. Gordon called up to the front, "Mom I need some "O's and windows" Gordon in car. I need the "O"s and the windows" (the pretzels in the Chex mix were circles and squares with a cross in it)

This week was Gordon's birthday. GORDON IS 4! WOW, I have a child that is 4! (I feel old!) He is such a sweet boy. Taylor and I tell each other all the time that he is a tender little boy. We love him so!

The kids often sing Disney songs throughout the day. "Heigh-Ho"-from Snow White has become a favorite. This morning I found Gordon singing it, except it is not know as "Heigh-Ho" to him, it is "I'm home, I'm home" :)

Our Disneyland passes expired on Friday. It was a sad day for all. Just so we will remember when the kids are bigger I wanted to write down their favorite things to do on a normal Dland trip (although Gordon decided on the last day that he wanted to try out the roller-coasters. He road Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain--they all were a hit except for the last one. It is a bummer he will have to wait awhile before he gets to ride them all again :)
--Almost always the first one we would ride would be "It's a Small World"
--Buzz lightyear and Toy Story came in close second
--We would love to sing with the birds in the tiki room (sitting in "our spot" on the back bench)
--Bounce back to the Hundred Acre Woods to see Pooh and Tigger.
--Casey Jr. and walking through Sleeping Beauty's castle
I think I have been well over a hundred times and it still holds the magic for me (as cheesy as that sounds, it is true) I will really miss the "magical kingdom"

Here's another story from the marathon weekend. Gordon rode in the elevator (or alligator as Ella would call it) with Grandpa Nielsen while Ella went down the stairs with Laura. When Grandpa and Gordon got to the first floor, Gordon got out of the elevator and saw Ella down the hallway. They had only been apart for seconds, but they were so excited to see each other that they ran and gave each other a big hug. Grandma Nielsen

Thanks again to everyone that came last weekend to help out!
Grandma Thompson, we send our love and hope you get better VERY soon!!!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment