Friday, October 21, 2011

11/12/09

I was looking through past Grandparent's Journals last night and had a great time laughing again at the cute things the kids have done. And I was surprised as I read them I thought to myself many times 'I wrote that one just a week or two ago'. Time flies so fast! I hope that you have been enjoying these as much as I enjoy writing them :)

I was in the other room and Ella came walking in. I noticed that her skirt was wet. I thought that she got into something or maybe had a little leak. I asked her why her skirt was wet. And as I asked I noticed it was just her pocket that was wet. So I asked, what is in your pocket? And I should have known. It was a wet wipe. Ella loves wipes! She almost always has one in her possession. She will carry it around the house, sometimes it is a Kleenex or a rag to clean things, something to wipe her face, a hat or a substitute blanket. We find random wipes all over the house. I find myself constantly picking them up. Although it is cute it will be nice when she is out of this phase :)

Gordon has a wonderful imagination! He is really into Monsters lately. He will go into a room and come running back and say "There is a monster in there!"

Ella started signing the Alphabet the other night. And she knows almost all of it! So fun to see her pick things up so quickly.

We started doing 'sight words' with Gordon. We have them up around the house. He really loves it. He has even started to sound words out. The look on his face when he realizes it is a word is awesome!

Our little Eden isn't so little anymore. She is really growing....which is great because she has been sleeping more too. She is getting a little more consistent about waking up only once a night and it is usually between 5-6. It has been wonderful. I hope this is a routine we can keep :)

Gordon loves his adjectives! In front of most things he will say "really super really fast". :)

I thought I would send this journal out a little early since most of you will be seeing these kiddos in a couple of days. I wanted to get it to you before you leave. Love you and see you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment