Friday, October 21, 2011

4/16/10

I asked Gordon the other day, "Who would you like to call?" He thought for a minute and then said, "Let's call Grandma and Grandpa Earlsen".

At the park today Gordon and his little friend Jake were up on the play structure just talking, which is rare, usually they are running around the playground, digging in the dirt, or riding their scooters. I was watching them, trying to figure out what they were talking about. Then all of the sudden they both stood up standing nose to nose just staring at each other. Then they each brought their arms up and started to pat each others head (meanwhile still staying nose to nose) then at the exact same moment they both shouted "WE ARE THE SAME!" It was such a simple little thing but such a joy to watch these great little friends get so excited to figure out on their own that they are the same height. Oh how they will miss each other!

I have come to realize which phrases I say the most because they are ones the kids now say. :) Both Gordon and Ella will explain something to me and then say "Mom, that's a good plan?"

Eden has started using a sippy cup. She loves it. I can just tell that she knows she is a 'big girl'.

We watched 'Princess and the Frog' this past Friday and there is a very cute song that the kids sang all the way to the car on Sunday morning. "We're goin' down the Bayou, we're going' down the bayou, we're goin' down the bayou, we're goin' all the way...."

This week after I sent Gordon to his room after being disobedient. He came out talking on his pretend cell phone. He was "talking" to grandpa explaining what he had done and how it was "not a good choice". Then he told me he was sorry :)

Eden was on her belly this morning playing very contently. I wondered what she was playing with that had her this content. I look over at her and she was fixated with something on the ground. She was trying with all of her might to grab something off the carpet. I came around to get a better look and realized that she was trying to grab the little black flecks that are woven into the carpet.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment