Friday, October 21, 2011

11/29/10

We were getting Ella into the car and buckled into her seat. And it has become apparent that our kids have gotten the competitive gene. They are always wanting to win or beat someone else. So this time Ella said, "I want to beat my Mom......because I love her!"

Eden is a little jabber mouth! She talks all the time and every now and then you will catch what she is saying. Ones I have heard lately. Truck, Ella, Gordon, Stephen, again.

Gordon is such a good helper. Just about all morning on Saturday he would run and do whatever I asked and say, "See Mom, I am obeying on the first time!" He is growing into such a sweet little boy!

I took Ella shoe shopping and I should have known before I left what I would end up with.
We went to get her some new Sunday shoes. I was showing her some black ones and silver ones. I thought like a Mom of course, so they could match everything. But Ella eyed right off the bat a pink sparkly pair with gems on them...and with a closer look she found Princesses inside so she was sold. I tried to reason with her telling her they would not match all of her dresses. Ella is in fashion apparently because the new trend is to NOT have matching shoes. So she got what she wanted and we walked out of the store with the sparkly Princess shoes on her feet! :)

We put up our Christmas trees with weekend. It was a blast to see how excited the kids are about it...and still are about it. We sat down last night and told the kids all the stories behind each ornament on the tree. (it was ok, we don't have that many)
And our front room tree is so special to me! It has my grandma Thompson's eggs on it. I know they are not as beautiful as she would have made them but they still bring me so much joy to look at them. I have already begun to feel the sweet spirit of the Christmas season. I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful time of year as well.

Love you all!!!

During the Thanksgiving Day activities, Ella asked me to hold her and when her dace was near mine, she held my chin and said: "Grandpa, I like you!" Grandchildren frequently tell us that they love us, but this is the first time I can recall any grandchild asking me to pick her up so she could tell me right to my face that she liked me. I won't forget that moment.
I also enjoyed having both Gordon and Ella ant to sit with me during Sacrament Meeting. Except for a few minutes, Gordon sat very close to me the whole meeting and squeezed me tight every so often. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Then at the end of the meeting he said: "Grandpa, I want to take you to Primary." He tool my hand and walked me down to the Primary classroom and as soon as he saw his classmates (mostly little girls I might add), he dashed off to take his seat. Grandpa was left in the dust. He certainly has his priorities straight. I loved watching him jump into his seat in the front row and turn to chat with one of his girl friends. And finally, I also enjoy when he asks me to play "compewter" games with him. He sits in my lap and wraps his legs around mine for balance. He gets so excited to play Bob the Builder. Love, Grandpa Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment