Friday, October 21, 2011

6/19/09

Gordon loves to run into Grandpa Earl's office and land on his couch. One night he was doing this and Grandpa Earl started singing to the tune of She'll be comin' 'round the mountain "Gordon's comin' 'round the corner" and as he would hit the couch Grandpa would yell out BOOM. Gordon of course loved this. And if Grandpa forgot a line or to say boom at the end Gordon made sure he told him to "sing Grandpa, sing".

Today Gordon came up to me looking like he was needing to use the bathroom and said "I am looking for Uncle Dan" i asked him if he needed to use the bathroom first. And he replied, "No I want Uncle Dan". Dan was the chosen one. What a good sport. Dan took Gordon into the bathroom and had the experience of helping him go 'poo-poo', cleaning him up-the whole bit. So when we went in to get Gordon his candy out of the 'poo-poo basket' he also chose one out for Uncle Dan. Thanks Uncle Dan!

Gordon was swimming yesterday and when he was all finished we got out I took his suit and swim diaper off to hose him down (we do that now rather than giving baths to get the pool water off). While Gordon was standing on the grass nude he was calling over to me I wasn't sure what he was saying. Then I finally made out "it is coming". Then Gordon started to relieve himself right there on the lawn. This is the first time he has gone standing up and he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I wish I had the camera handy :)

Ella is such a girl. Grandma Earl and Essie (a cousin) came back yesterday after a shopping trip with clothes and shoes. Ella was in heaven seeing all the cute little girl shoes. I think she thought they were for her, like Essie she is a shoe girl :)

Ella is my big eater. And a social eater at that. When we eat she eats a ton and she does it every time anyone is eating. She has grown a ton in the last month! Not a little baby anymore.

I found this email in the draft folder. I don't know if I have sent these out before or not...so if they are a repeat sorry :)

This week I gave Ella pear pieces for the first time. She loved them. I asked her, "Ella do you like your pears?" and she looked up at me and touched her HAIR (with her sticky pear juice hands) I asked her again, "no, do you like your PEARS?" Again she reached up and touched her hair. She was looking at me like I was crazy :)

Gordon really loves playing with his cousins (he refers to them as all his friends). He gets so excited when 'all his friends' are here to play.

Gordon helped Grandma make a "poo-poo basket", not what you are thinking. He helped her put a whole bunch of candy into a special basket and when he goes poo-poo he gets to choose a piece of candy out of the basket. And today he as already gone three time, and it is only 1:30 in the afternoon. Thanks for the great idea grandma!

The other day the question was asked "Who has poops?" Gordon's quick response was "ELLANOR-SITA".

Now when Taylor does his 'Ellanor-sita' announcer voice Ella will chyme in on the 'sita' part....it is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment