Friday, October 21, 2011

7/6/10

Here is what I have for the week.

Thanks for writing that one down for me babe! :) I know I will laugh about it later, but tonight I was grossed out :)

We were able to go to the Nielsen Family reunion at Aspen Grove this past week. It was a very tiring week! But so fun and one that I will always remember. Thanks to Mom and Dad for all your help! The kids LOVED being in the mountains and surrounded by all of their cousins. To Gordon life could not get much better. He asked if we could stay for “lots of days”.

The first day we were there Ella looked over at me and said “Mom are we going to be here for many moons?” It took me a little while and then I figured out she got that from Peter Pan. We watched Peter Pan about three times on our drive to Utah and that is what she got out of it :)

Gordon went to the pool every day with his ‘kitten’ class. I went to watch him the last day and to my surprise he was actually kinda swimming! They were in the kiddy pool that was probably 2 ½ feet deep so he could stand at any moment. But he would put his head under and kick his legs and arms (not touching the bottom) and go a few feet, then touch the bottom and again go underwater and swim a few feet. He did that from one length of the pool to the other. He was doing quite well! He was so excited to show me. –(without any floaties)

One day during free time Uncle Eric took the boys to the rock wall to climb, what we did not know was that you needed to be at least 5. Gordon was a bit bummed but we made the most of it. Gordon decided he wanted to go fishing (which lasted maybe 4 min because he overheard someone saying they had not re-stocked the pond) from there we decided to go swimming. On our way to the pool we ran into a pirate. She told us that we could go and find her treasure if we went on this treasure hunt. Gordon couldn’t pass up that invitation. So a treasure hunt it was. As we were looking for the clues Gordon saw a few people shooting off some rockets. We took a pit stop for that. Made a rocket and shot a few off. Then finished the treasure hunt. And made it to the pool with 10 min to swim before it was time for dinner. He was bummed he didn’t get to rock climb, but he still got to do a lot of cool things that day!

If I had to pick one things that was Gordon’s favorite I would have to say he Loved to play “Pretend golf” (a little miniture golf course) any free moment we had it was, “Mom lets’ go play pretent golf right now!”

At night we would turn on the baby monitor and then go over to my parents cabin so we could talk and play games. Before I left I explained to Gordon that I was going to be at Grandma and Grandpa’s cabin and if he needed me he needed to whisper into the monitor and I would hear him and come back. So the first night I put all the kids to bed and went down to my folks cabin. Just a few moments later we heard Gordon whispering “Mom, I need you, Mom” So I quickly went back to our cabin to see what he needed. Before I opened the door Gordon did and he said “MOM! These glow in the dark! (pointing at a wristband that Eric and Anna-Lena got everyone to remember the week) and then he looked at me and flung his arms around my neck and gave me a big kiss and said “Thank you so much Mom. I just love you so much.”

Eden was such a happy girl every time I went to get her from her class

Eden stood by herself for about 8 seconds before she decided to sit down

Taylor was initiated to the Nielsen Family 4th of July celebration, but he put up a good fight. We have the tradition that the first time someone comes to the annual event they get a large bucket of water dumped on them. Taylor is quite fast so we had a plan to catch him off guard. Jorgan snuck up behind him to get him, but just as he was going to make his move everyone charged. It gave Taylor that second advantage and he was off. His speed out did us all. After some time Taylor finally summitted and layed down on the ground and got a double bucket.

Love you all!!!

Laura and crew

No comments:

Post a Comment