Friday, October 21, 2011

3/21/10

There have been little things here and there that have made me miss Grandma Thompson, and another one happened today. While I was writing the names of people to send this grandparents journal to hers popped up. I really will miss her dearly! But how wonderful of a reunion she has had! I feel so blessed that we know about eternal families. I have learned so many things from Grandma, I hope to be able to pass those things on to my children.

Ella has been testing me a lot lately. Just checking her boundaries. So toward the end of the day I said to her, "You have pushed my buttons one too many times today" and then took her back to her room for a time out. While I was carrying her back there she was saying, "I don't push buttons, I don't like buttons, I will not push buttons!" It made me chuckle a bit. And then I came back out to the family room and Gordon looked at me with a very serious face and said "Way to go Mom!".

Every time I feed Eden food it is like a scene from 'What About Bob'. Between every bit she will make noises like she has just had the best tasting bit in the world. It makes me laugh every time!

This morning Ella came over to Taylor and said "Taylor help me!" And later, "Taylor where are you?" She is quite proud she knows Daddy's name and she loves to use it :)

This week at school we talked about talents. And for Gordon's talent he got up in front of the class and showed them the pictures he has taken lately (if you have not seen them you can check them out on our blog www.earlfamilyblog.blogspot.com --it is a few post down). All of the kids wanted to take pictures like Gordon, he was so pleased that everyone liked his talent!

We went up to visit Aunt Mildred yesterday and while we were there she gave our family a silver Dollar. This is not any silver dollar. This silver dollar was one of 25 that were given to her and Grandma's Mother and Dad for their 25th wedding anniversary celebration by some dear neighbors. These neighbors had taken a long maroon sock and placed one coin in, tied it then placed another until there were 25. Later the 25 silver dollars were divided between the five children leaving each child with five. And on Friday, Mildred gave us her last one. What a treasure to have!

Gordon gave his first talk today in Primary! He was adorable and did a wonderful job. His talk was on There is safety in following the prophets.

Man, they are growing up so quickly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment