Friday, October 21, 2011

8/7/11

Grandma and Grandpa Earl and Summer and McKay's family have been so nice to watch our kiddos for us for the past few days so that Taylor and I could do some long awaiting projects around the house. Not many hours of sleep for us, but we got a lot done!

While Gordon was at Summer and McKay's he was bumming a little and so McKay went over to talk to Gordon to see what was wrong..this was his reply, "I am just TRYING to follow God's Plan"

One night while they were there it was Gordon's turn to say the prayer. Summer told me that 'repentance' came up again and again in his prayer. At least something is going in during scripture study :)

I called to talk to the kids during the week and when it was time to talk to Eden she seemed not very interested. Summer was trying to get her to hold the phone so she could talk to me...then she got VERY excited and said clear as a bell, "Is this Grandma?" When I told her it was me she sounded a bit disappointed.

Ella was staying at G&G Earl's and she was a night owl one night. So the next night Grandma had a great idea to have Ella go over to the pile of stuffed bears and choose one. Grandma took that bear and made it come to life and talk to Ella about the "rules" on going to bed and staying in bed....after some time Ella said, "I don't want that one anymore" (however in the morning she went to the bear pile again and asked for one to talk)

When I was talking to Gordon on the phone and asking him if he was having a good time his response was, "it is like a party...just with not that many people"

Julie told me this one about Ella. She said she was watching Ella play with a doll and heard her say to it as she was stroking its hair, "you are not real because you can not swallow....but you can be real because I will swallow for you"

We feel so blessed to have family around to help us watch our kiddos so that we can do vacations like this. It was wonderful to have time together and to be able to work on the house. I think the earliest we went to bed was 3:30AM. We got a lot done, pictures on the blog to come soon!

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment