Friday, October 21, 2011

4/10/10

Ella really does love songs. She sings all the time. Usually she sings songs that we sing to her, but today she made up one of her own that made me giggle. It went something like this
"I will never go to sleep...I will NEVER go to sleep...(and the chorus) never, never, never, never...."

We went to the beach twice this week and all of the kids loved it. They would be willing to go everyday. Eden really enjoyed it, well all of it except the water. It was a little too cold for her :)

While we were at the beach yesterday we were packing up to leave and one of Gordon's friends accidently threw sand right into Gordon wide open eyes. Gordon ran over to me with a face full of sand. I tried to get it out with water, a wet towel, paper towels... all of the resourses I had. After working with him for awhile Gordon was crying and saying, "Mom I can't see the beach...I just want to see the beach!" We were making little progress because everytime I would get water in his eyes his reaction would be to pull his sand covered hands to if face and make it worse. I decided to take him up to the bathroom and after a few more minutes of splashing water in his face he finally was able to open his eyes. And there was sand caked all along both of his eye lids. Poor kid, I would be having a hard time too OUCH! When he did finally open his bloodshot eyes he looked at me with a big smile and said, "Mom, I can see the beach (then a little pause) I love you Mom!" Then he gave me a giant squeeze! What a tuff kid! And once all the sand was out he was right back to my pleasant Gordon boy :)

We have been trying to talk Ella into using the toilet. Now every time we talk about it or she sits on the toilet she will say PRINNNNCESSSS PULLLLL-UPS at the top of her lungs. And this morning she actually went number 2!! Hurray I am getting the Princess Pull-ups today :)

The kids are so sweet with Eden all the time. They really love making her happy. They do whatever they can to get her to smile. And it seems like they can get one every time :)

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment